Sunday, December 9, 2012

Final Reflection


Janel Swallia
English 102 035W
December 10th 2012
Final Reflection


Final Reflection


            During the course of English 102 I have found that I have learned many things. I have also noticed that I have made quite a few mistakes as well. That is what taking a class is all about though. You learn things and you get stuck on certain things that can be hard to get through. You learn from those mistakes and from doing that you are able to move on and be able to write a better paper for it.
            There are some assignments that I have done that I felt like I did very well on. I feel like I did fairly well on our most recent assignment the global issues assignment. From doing the local issues assignment I feel like I have progressed significantly. I feel like I have become more confident with my writing. From the exercises that were required from us I have learned a lot. I have become better at cited which is something I have always struggled with doing, and even now I have problems trying to figure it out fully, but for the most part I now know what it is I have to do. I have learned ways to find better sources and because of that my research writing sounds more accurate and more legitimate. Because of learning to find better sources it makes my writing more interesting to the reader.
            There were areas however, that I felt that I did not do so well in. Areas like I stated above about citing. My problem with that I think was that the book was a little bit confusing for me. I had a hard time finding what I needed to find in order to cite properly, and it had been very time consuming for me. Another problem that I found that I had was introducing quotes properly. Sometimes I felt as if my wording came out awkwardly, and I was not sure how to do it. I feel like I had gotten better at it, but I still struggle with it a little bit.
            I do feel like I will be leaving this class feeling accomplished though, because thanks to this class I have been able to receive good grades on research papers I have been writing in my other class. Without this class I do not think I would even have the slightest clue on how to approach it. I would be confused and my papers would sound more unorganized. I was also able to see the importance of having an interview in my papers. It made it so that the papers could be more real to the reader. It gave it more of that human feel; people were able to see why these issues were important because a real person was giving information.
            Overall this class did a lot for me. It taught me how to write a better paper, and more specifically a better research paper. Thanks to this class I learned how interviews could be important to a paper, I also learned how they could humanize the papers more. I also learned to better cite my sources. There were things I did struggle with like citing and introducing my quotes, but overall I did find this class to be very useful. 

1 comment:

  1. Janel,
    The layout of your blog is great, it's very airy and cheerful. The text size of your blog entries could be a bit bigger, it is kind of hard to read. I enjoyed reading about the health care system. It seems that your first interview with the registered nurse was very informative and helped you complete your essay. I liked your personal pieces of writing, your poem has a nice flow to it. Overall good job on your blog Janel!

    ReplyDelete